Towles Field Recreation Ground, tennis courts, football pitches, pavilion and children's play areas.
The playing field, with it's sports pavilion, tennis courts and children's play areas is located at Towles Fields in Burton on the Wolds.
This amenity, known officially as Burton on the Wolds Recreation Ground, is a charity, no 521399 and a Queen Elizabeth 2nd Field in Trust. The area and its facilities are managed by a committee of trustees known as the Playing Field Association (PFA).
The Parish Council organise the routine maintenance for the field. If you have any concerns or comments regarding the grounds maintenance or the facilities please contact the Parish Clerk or the Chair of Trustees 01509 880063 or the secretary, number below.
At the present time the field is used by two local football clubs, Burton FC and Loughborough Phoenix FC, a juniors football club. The PFA manage two tennis courts that are availble for play through subscription, or a one off pay and play. The pavilion is available for hire for meetings, when it is not being used by the clubs.
For further information or to become involved in the Playing Field Association please contact Cath Thomson on 07887 996293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our planning meeting on Monday 25th October in the pavilion at 7.30. See agenda below
The sports pavilion next to the car-park on Towles Fields, is a versatile venue for small events such as children's parties and meetings.
It comprises of a heated, carpeted function room and galley kitchen with a cooker, microwave, fridge, a large electric urn and kettle, cutlery and crockery. There are 6 fold away tables and 30 chairs (30 is the maximum number for this space) within this part of the pavilion there is a toilet with wheelchair access.
Totally separate from the function room, with its own entrance, are two changing rooms, each with their own communal showers, a toilet and handbasin.
To hire the pavilion
To book the pavilion please use the links below to the electronic booking system.
Although restrictions have been lifted caution is advised in this building. Where possible maintain social distancing and wipe down surfaces including switches and door handles when leaving the building.
Before making a booking you must read the terms and conditions in the link below. By making the booking you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions listed.
- Pavilion Hire Terms and Conditions (PDF, 431 Kb)
All bookings include both the pavilion function room and the two changing rooms.
- £35 for a morning, afternoon or evening (each session is for 4.5 hours)
- £80 for the whole day (session 8am to 10.30pm)
Electronic booking can be made using the link below. You will have to register on the booking system after you have selected the start time for your booking.
- For morning or all day bookings please select a start time of 8am
- For afternoon bookings please select a start time of 1pm
- For evening bookings please select a start time of 6pm
Payments are made via debit or credit using the externally approved payment system SquareUp.
When you have paid your booking you will be emailed two codes by the PFA (Burtonpfa@gmail.com). One code for the function room and one for the changing rooms. Please enter these codes into the key safes next to the doors to obtain keys to open the function room and the changing rooms.
Pavilion Electronic Booking
- Pavilion booking (PDF, 435 Kb)
Towles Field has two tennis courts which are managed by the PFA.
Their are two options for you to play tennis:-
- Pay £25 for an annual family membership which is valid from 1st April to 31st March. This will entitle you to be able to play whenever the courts are free. You are unable to book a court in advance
- Pay £10 for an hour of Pay & Play tennis
To play either option of tennis you are adhering to the terms and conditions listed below.
Please be aware the low cost of annual family membership introduced at the start of the pandemic has been continued to encourage our community to play tennis
- Tennis Terms and Conditions (PDF, 540 Kb)
Tennis Electronic Booking
All tennis bookings are made through the Setmore Electronic Booking System.
To book on the electronic booking system you open the electronic booking form and double click on the option you want to pay for.
You will then be taken to Setmore, where you will be asked to select a date and time for the option you select:-
- Annual Subscriptions - Please select the current date and a time of 22.00 hrs
- Pay & Play Tennis - Please select either Court 1 (furthest from entrance to tennis courts) or Court 2 (closest to entrance of the tennis courts), the date and start time for your Pay & Play Tennis booking
You will then be asked to register on the Setmore Electronic booking system
You will then make an electronic debit/credit card payment which is administered by the external company SquareUp
When you have paid your booking, you will be emailed a code to enter the tennis courts. Entering this code into the gate lock will give you entry to the tennis courts.
A separate gate code is required to exit the tennis courts and is posted on the inside of the gate for when you exit the tennis courts.
- Book Tennis (PDF, 152 Kb)
Would you like to be able to use the tennis ball machine for practice?
If you have an annual subscription and have received training it is possible to hire a Lobster ball machine for a hour at quiet times during the week. Contact the PFA secretary to find out more about
- how you can rent the machine for practice
- how the machine can be used safely
- essential information about storage and recharging the machine after use.
BURTON on the WOLDS FOOTBALL CLUB
LOUGHBOROUGH PHOENIX FOOTBALL CLUB
Loughborough Phoenix FC is a grassroots youth football club. It Covers the age groups of under 11 and under 12.
We have been playing for just over 1 year and are affiliated to the Leicester and Rutland FA, we have Charter Standard status. All of our coaches are fully DBS checked and hold FA Licences.
We offer a safe friendly environment for children to play and learn the beautiful game of football.
Thanks to Burton on the Wolds Playing Field Association offering us an opportunity of a new home ground at Towles Field, we will be now able to offer training on Wednesday evenings 6 till 7.30 and will hold our home games on Sunday mornings.
If any children are interested please call Tony on 07500 773594.
Next management meeting
The next meeting will be held in the pavilion on 25th October at 7.30. The meeting is open to everyone with an interest in the Playing Field
The agenda is published below
- PFA Agenda 25th October 2021 (PDF, 437 Kb)
Minutes of previous meetings
2021 AGM minutes and supporting documents
Minutes Archive 2018 and 19
- PFA Minutes 19th November 2019 (PDF, 465 Kb)
- PFA minute 9th September 2019 (PDF, 473 Kb)
- PFA minutes 25th June 2019 (PDF, 231 Kb)
- PFA committee 13th May 2019 (PDF, 442 Kb)
- PFA minutes 11 March 19 (PDF, 583 Kb)
- PFA minutes 15th January 2019 (PDF, 460 Kb)
- PFA minutes 12th November 2018 (PDF, 460 Kb)
- PFA minutes 8th January 2018 (PDF, 242 Kb)
- PFA committee minutes Monday19th february 2018 (PDF, 240 Kb)
- PFA Committee minutes 26th March 2018 (PDF, 389 Kb)
- PFA minutes for 14th May 2018 (PDF, 229 Kb)
- PFA Committee Minutes 11th September 2018 (PDF, 243 Kb)
Annual General Meetings
Photographs of the Playing Field.
History of the Playing Field
Dedication of the Memorial Stone 21st June 2015. The stone was a joint project between the Burton Primary School and Loughborough Beacon Rotary Club.
- Burton FC Report to PFA 2021 AGM (PDF, 13 Kb)